RE: [K12OSN] a DHCP Question and a user management

Here is the quick and dirty dhcpd.conf file I am using.  I am ONLY giving to
certain IP addresses.  Your theory that my ltsp box responds faster than my
NT boxes is probably correct.  It does seem to work consistently however.
Please note that I am supernetted here utilizing 192.147.100.1 through
192.147.103.254 with a subnet of 255.255.252.0.  The clients for NT are all
in the 101.xxx to 103.xxx range.  All of the static devices are in the 100.1
to 100.100 range.  LTSP, well you can look below, but it's not within nt's
dhcp range at all.  The NT box has several other dhcp ranges, but they are
across routers to other locations.  I tried looking at classing on the NT
box, but was hard pressed for any documentation on it.

Maybe I am out of luck on NT 4.0.  Since this isn't vitally important to
production here, I haven't put a lot of time into making this the way it
should be.  It just works for me now so I haven't changed it :)  I'd be
happy to work with someone on the nt portion.  Also note that I can make NT
dhcp pass some options and not use the LTSP dhcp server at all.  The only
problem here is that with such a large range I couldn't assign host names to
workstations.   There are NO static dhcp mapping on NT.

As an aside:  I am using the beta with redhat 8.0.  I upgraded from 7.3 and
everything seems to be going well.  My server is somewhat weak:  Celeron
1.7ghz, 60 gb IDE hard drive, 512mb RAM.  This is enough for the few clients
we have.

________________ being dhcpd.conf ___________________________
default-lease-time            21600;
max-lease-time                21600;
ddns-update-style none;

option subnet-mask            255.255.252.0;
option broadcast-address      192.147.103.255;
option routers                192.147.100.10;
option domain-name-servers    192.147.100.2;
option domain-name            "foobar.com";  (changed to protect the
innocent!)
option root-path              "192.147.100.110:/opt/ltsp/i386";

shared-network WORKSTATIONS {
    subnet 192.147.100.0 netmask 255.255.252.0 {
    }
}

group   {
    use-host-decl-names       on;
    option log-servers        192.147.100.110;

    host ws003 {
        hardware ethernet     00:50:04:6D:29:FC;
        fixed-address         192.147.100.111;
        filename              "/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.9-ltsp";
    }

    host ws004 {
        hardware ethernet     00:B0:D0:A3:9F:6C;
        fixed-address         192.147.100.112;
        filename              "/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.9-ltsp";
    }

    host ws005 {
       hardware ethernet     00:04:5A:7B:A0:8A;
        fixed-address         192.147.100.113;
        filename              "/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.9-ltsp";
    }

    host ws006 {
        hardware ethernet     00:D0:B7:83:F4:90;
        fixed-address         192.147.100.114;