[K12OSN] Just getting started

Dave,
        I've got a Duron 900 with 1gb of ram running about 10 workstations on
k12ltsp 1.0 or 1.1 (I don't remember.) I might upgrade the system when kids are
on Christmas break. I would probably get less wit a more updated k12.
        It seems that ram is the biggest factor in the equation because the
Load Average stays around 20-40% when the kids are in Star Office (Yeah I know
I got an old version of k12). Bad things start to happen when all the ram is
used up. For some strange reason the server doesn't use swap space when all the
ram is used up. So the clients freeze and sometimes programs crash.
        Dave, a dual p2 350 is enough horse power. You need more memory. I
would put 2gb of ram in the system to play it safe in my opion.
        I hope this info helps.