Re: [K12OSN] a prospective client - k12ltsp and logo

Yan Seiner wrote:

Also, is anyone using logo to teach? Any linux versions of logo out there?

I'm starting my 9 y/o Son in Logo, and robocode.

Logo should already be installed on your K12LTSP system, and this is an excellant introduction to procedures, and classes (or rather the concept of them.) You will need a programme for the kids to follow, and there are plenty of free ones, complete with teacher resource packs. Excellant.

Robocode is the next step after logo, and Chris is very excited about building battlebots in Java.

The step after Robocode is a full Java IDE (Integrated Development Environment) which I have installed as well. All this software is free, and of professional / developer quality. It is possible to write Java Software, and Java WebApplets using an IDE.

There is an excellant range of Java Tutorials for Kids and Adults, and I wholeheartly recommend this path of Tutoring.

(disclaimer: I am not a teacher.)

regards, Steve