Re: [K12OSN] [OT] Routing question

Another possibility is MTU size problems, if for some bizarre reason the
MTU on your Linux box is weird, i.e. smaller, you might be seeing issues
with re-packaging larger packets.

However, if the box is firewalling, and you do have it set up to
automatically defragment all in/out bound packets then you will probably
see a latency as it has to cache each packet to re-assemble them.

It occurs to me that I no longer actually know what mechanism to enable
/ disable to affect ip fragging with firewalls.

hmm.. time to research.

js