Re: [K12OSN] Samba, XP, and login scripts....

In the network connections [on XP] you can disable the 'Smart Card'
encryption stuff.  [I can't remember what it's called]. I recommend
rebooting afterwards.

This article discusses turning off certificate enrollment
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310461

You also should disable the secure channel requirement.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318266

Sorry I can't give you an exact reference on the first item, but doing
these three things made my XP machines run very well w/ Samba.  I even
use Roaming profiles w/ little to no [extra?] difficulty. [Roaming
profiles <expletive> suck.]

thanks,

js