Re: [K12OSN] request for k12ltsp kernel .config file....was linuxprogress patch

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Barry Smoke wrote:

>   Sorry if this is a duplicate...
>
> ahh.....
> herein lies the problem.....
> pxestuff includes pre-built pxe kernels, and initrd's, but no .configs,
> or instructions on how to do it....
>
> We need to build a custom kernel, and boot to it pxe.
> we are going to patch it with lpp, and other stuff.
>
> so, where do we get the .config file that was used to build the kernel
> in pxestuff?
> and, is the initrd a standard mkinitrd command, or are there special
> things involved.

The kernel in the PXE stuff is EXACTLY the same as the kernel
in the ltsp_kernel-3.0.5 package.  And it's exactly the
same kernel in the ltsp_initrd_kit package.

And, if yo want the .config file for that kernel, it is also
in the ltsp_initrd_kit.  The file has been renamed
to:   config-2.4.19-ltsp-1

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org