Re: [K12OSN] a prospective client - k12ltsp and logo

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 08:55:24AM -0800, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:
> Honestly, why not start them in assembler?  Kids will usually learn
> anything, it's us who have to start off slowly.

Because most people I know who started out in assembly are terrible
programmers... :)  Better to teach them basic concepts in programming
first, so they have a chance to accomplish something in a higher-level
language and can therefore recognize why most things are horrible to code
in assembly...

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer