Re: [K12OSN] IDE software raid

Hi Yan,

Thanks for your response.

At 06:01 AM 2002/11/11 -0500, you wrote:
On Ne, 2002-11-10 at 22:21, Stephen Liu wrote:

> I am interested to know the connection arrangement of 3 hard drives to run
> RAID 5

You need to add another IDE controller on a plug in card; that gets you
4 channels.  Use 3 for your drives, and one for the CDROM + tape.  Never
use the tape and cdrom at the same time.

The motherboard has 2 IDE slots, primary and secondary IDEs. Could I use the primary IDE slot for connecting the 3rd hard drive and the secondary IDE slot for CDROM. Otherwise I have to purchase another PCI RAID controller card (IDE) for this test.

Thanks

Stephen Liu