[K12OSN] Kids and programming

Thanks for all the replies.  It was quite interesting reading.  I'm
looking at teaching older kids (high school) but I think I'd like to
extend that down to elementary school.

Obviously, the high school kids are ready for more sophisticated
programming; I'm thinking C and perl.  C is so close to assembler yet
such a well defined language that it's easy to teach structured code in
it.  Perl because it's so diametrically opposed to C, is object
oriented, and text oriented.

The elementary school kids aren't ready for C, perl, or anything that
abstract.  Logo is a stretch for a 6 or 7 year old; just to draw  a
square you have to understand a lot of geometry - as well as know how to
read and write.

--Yan

Yan Seiner, PE  (_)\(_)     ,>/'_   o__     o__
Cardinal Engineering, Inc. (_)\(_)  ,>/'_   ,>/'_
http://www.cardinalengineering.com (_)\(_) (_)\(_)
spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq