Re: [K12OSN] Kids and programming

Not to start a Perl vs. Python debate, but have you considered Python?
There's a teacher here in the Twin Cities that is using Python in his
highschool classes.  He's mixing in Zope (a web application server written
in Python) as a practical example, and a link to a real task (dynamic web
development).  Zope works well for him because not only is it written in
Python, but when creating a website Python scripts can be used as external
methods to do some pretty impressive things.

http://www.python.org/

http://www.zope.org/

http://isd197.org/sibley/staff/wilsont/

Jeff