Re: [K12OSN] request for k12ltsp kernel .config file....was linuxprogress patch

o.k....
I'm a little confused.....
the error I'm getting on the client is missing modules.dep in /lib/modules/2.4.18

I used the config file to compile a kernel(no lpp), and did make dep;make clean;make bzImage;make modules;make modules_install

then, I got to looking at the buildk utility in the initrd kit. I saw that there is some special stuff it does to the initrd, so I used it to create my initrd, but still used the compiles bzImage kernel, and not the initrd_kit's kernel(with the mknbi)

In the buildk script, I saw where it makes a modules.dep, and put's it in the initrd

so, is the error I'm getting on my ltsp client because buildk is not getting the modules.dep in the initrd correctly, or because I don't have a modules.dep in /lib/modules/2.4.18
I've never had to make a modules.dep file before for any kernel I've compiled...
doesn't make modules_install do this for you?

I think I'm going to write my own How-To for this when I'm done.....(Idiot's version :-)

Thanks,
Barry Smoke
District Network Administrator
Bryant Public Schools