Re: [K12OSN] request for k12ltsp kernel .config file....was linuxprogress patch

here's what's happening for us.....

setting up loopback device
modprobe: Can't open Dependencies file /lib/modules/2.4.18/modules.dep (no such file or directory)

then all hell breaks out from there ...

so, I went back to the buildk script, and commented out where it unmounts the initrd.
then I went to /mnt/initrd, and looked in lib/modules/2.4.18
and there is a modules.dep file there...
Just for fun, I copied that modules.dep file to the root filesystem(/lib/modules/2.4.18/)
but no change, still the above error.

So, since the modules.dep file is there, but the kernel can't find it...
what is going on?

here my pxelinux.cfg/default file:

label linux
 kernel vmlinuz-2.4.18-ltsp-nolpp
 append root=/dev/ram0 rw init=/linuxrc initrd=initrd-2.4.18-ltsp-nolpp

and the client lists that kernel as the one booting.....
the 3c59x module loads previously to this, from /lib/modules/2.4.18, I'm guessing because it is called directly

This is very frustrating....
We don't understand why this is not working, yet the default kernel from k12ltsp works fine.
That's why I wanted the config file from the k12ltsp kernel, because we thought we might be missing something hardware wise.

I guess I need the complete steps Eric uses for his client kernels.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.