Re: [K12OSN] Thinknic

Caleb Wagnon wrote:

I just had a rep. from Thinknic call me to question me about my usage of the products. I mentioned Linux Terminal Services and he knew exactly what I was talking about. The guys at Thinknic are VERY aware of LTSP and wanted to know what they could do to make things better. I told them for one they could come back down off that price just a little haha. Larry Long was the rep. that spoke with me and he says the next generation of thinknics should have better plugin support, and he said hopefully even shockwave. They are trying to give them a more pc-like feel by offering a better gui and a few more programs. LTSP is really making a splash in the orld guys.

heh, I think one of the company directors is an LTSP major player. on this list too.. 8-))

Awesome though ay.. 8-))

I'm expecting many of the larger corporates with (proprietry) thin-client solutions will come to the LTSP game before long. I remember a conversation with a fellow at SunMicrosystems about ther SunRay device - they were keen on working with LTSP. That was a year ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was something in the pipeline for us shortly, either config files for the server, or updated BIOS for the SunRay. >8-o

/steve