Re: [K12OSN] Machines

Oh, yeah...security... :-)

Any idea how long it took my kids to come up with acceptable passwords on the new system this year.

For some reason, the same passwords they used in their Windows labs last year were just unacceptable...

Did I mention my county sends all of our email passwords in cleartext on the web interface (it's a Microsoft Exchange
Server). Not such a big deal, except that the county has roughly 5000 teachers. I keep hoping some obnoxious kid
(not one of mine, thank you) hacks into the system and sends random porn or other offensive messages to
various newspapers, TV stations, and government officials using several different principals' (and maybe the
superintendent's) accounts. Maybe somebody would realize this is not a good idea.

Todd