RE: [K12OSN] Small School, Small Budget

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, James Jensen wrote:

> (Tried creating an RPM from their CVS tree a couple times with no real
> success.  If anyone has a workable spec file for creating it, I would
> appreciate a look at it.)

grrr --- three hours later -- glacial compile -- I've got a
working .spec file, working through the very end against a
pull from the Wine CVS.

There is a buglet in the native Wine CVS generated Makefile
install script, which does not respect non-root build and
installs.  Does anyone on the list know someone with commit
priv's into the Wine CVS to get rid of a few hard-coded paths?
The line it dies at is symptomatic of such an issue.

I could (will) prepare a corrective patch against the
Makefile.in to make it non-root build RPM friendly if someone
here can get it in.

-- Russ Herrold

<snip MUCH stuff>
2/programs/wineconsole'
rm -f wineconsole && ln -s ../../wine wineconsole
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/herrold/redhat/BUILD/wine-20021112/programs/wineconsole'
Wine build complete.
[ -d /usr/bin ] || mkdir -p /usr/bin
/usr/bin/install -c wine /usr/bin/wine
/usr/bin/install: cannot remove `/usr/bin/wine': Permission
denied
make: *** [install_wine] Error 1
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.85173 (%install)