Re: [K12OSN] Manhattan

There is a newer version and Steve Narmontas, the developer of Manhattan who is
the tech guy at Western New England College, is actively working on a new
version which will have a centralized login system.

I actively use Manhattan and do not see it as limited, but rather free of
unwanted clutter, but strong on letting users focus on content -- which is what
it's all about.

I applaud you for wanting to develop your own system in Zope, and you're not
alone, but most schools can use Manhattan very profitably now. What it lacks and
needs it can get. Not only does W.N.E. College support it but Steve's got a
hefty grant supporting the development well. A full-featured quiz environment is
planned. Getting involved in its development as users-testers is a way for
teachers to start helping a viable open source project done by and for teachers.

I have a demo at http://members.iteachnet.org/manhat-bin/doorstep?class=tester
username: jjones
password: jjones

Best wishes,