Re: [K12OSN] "The Net is down" - now what???

Alan A Hodson wrote:

[...]
When I reebooted the wstations they all came up beatifully! There was
naturally no Internet available, but all the other apps were operational.

heh, it's a good feeling ay..

During the presentation one of the CIC members asked me if there was a way to control a given user's access (like turning off his/her Internet access on the fly) - I recalled a similar question/thread, but could not remember where it led. Does anybody have an answer/info they feel like sharing?

Yes. My wishlist for this includes ;

1. Kick the user off if they use a rude word in email, chat, online games, anything..

2. Kick the user off *and* disable their account if they use a *forbidden* word, etc..

3. Allow only certain classes of users access to the internet at various pre-set days and times.

4. Allow only certain classes of users login access at various pre-set days and times.

So far I have [3.] working well. Next will be [1] and [2]. heh heh.. My goal is to make the system baby-sit an arbitrary number of logged-in users. Nothing bad will get past my watch.. 8-)

If there is enough interest, I'll post my configs so folks can duplicate etc..

11:40pm here tho.. yawn..

/sw