Re: [K12OSN] Deleting games from kde and gnome

Jennifer Waters wrote:

I need to delete the games from my kde and gnome.  I
still can't find them.  Any suggestions?

It may be a lot simpler to simply remove the 'Games' menu from the desktop. I don't know how to do this.

You can use rpm -e to remove the KDE games package entirely.

First, ask the package manager to list all installed packages, and then look for any mention of the word 'games' with the `grep` filter. like this ;

[steve linuxathome steve]$ rpm -qa |grep games
kdegames-devel-3.0.0-2
gnome-games-1.4.0.1-5
kdegames-3.0.0-2
[steve linuxathome steve]$

That is, rpm, query all, 'pipe to grep' and grep should only print lines with the word 'games' in it.

;-) Try rpm -qa without the `grep` filter..

Now, as root, remove these packages, using `rpm -e`.

HTH, Steve