Re: [K12OSN] Deleting games from kde and gnome

Hi Jennifer.

I played around with locking down KDE 2.2.x a while ago.

By changing group permissions on all the games and removing the global
permissions (770) then only members of the games group can run the
games.

The next thing is to change group permissions on the menu icons you can
prevent the icons from showing up in KDE (and I suspect Gnome)

These are located in /etc/x11/applnk

and I think there is another lot of links in the /opt solder tree. I
don't have access to an LTSP server any more. The LTSP archives should
have a message thread on this from about 6-9 months ago.

This will stop people from getting the menu items without removing the
games from the server. It will also prevent people from running the
games unless they belong to the games group.

It took a couple of hours to find all this stuff, but it has been worth
it. Done once and now it's down to group permissions.

Hope this helps.

Bert