Re: [K12OSN] rsync question...

What I've done is configure SSH to allow remote connections and let SSH
handle the authentication via a key file.  This way you don't need to pass
your password via a script from cron.

Here's a brief howto: http://killyridols.net/rsyncssh.shtml

A quick google search for "rsync ssh howto" turns up this link and some
more useful stuff.

http://www.google.com/

Jeff