RE: [K12OSN] demo an LTSP server on a windows box, without doing a server install ? YES!

http://www.knoppix.com

I like it!  Just fired it up :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas Pettiaux [mailto:nicolas pettiaux ael be]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 10:42 AM
To: k12osn redhat com; haynest mchsi com
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] demo an LTSP server on a windows box, without doing a
server install ? YES!

Le Jeudi 14 Novembre 2002 19:00, haynest mchsi com a écrit :

> With my laptop I have to pass "knoppix nopcmcia screen=1400x1050" to
> the kernel at boot.
>
> You can boot a machine with a broken OS and transfer files via samba
> to a share on the network before reimaging.

Chere can I download the iso image of that CD. THis is very interesting,
first because it makes the installation of a K12LTSP systme very simple
(knoppix includes a script to install the distro on the hard disk once it is

running from the CD), but also because such a system is based on Debian, a
very distribution that I find much easier than any other to maintain and
upgrade. For this one there exists a LOT a really easy to install packages (

just a matter of typing "apt-get install PACKAGENAME") especially in the
education field.

Thanks
Nicolas

--
Nicolas Pettiaux
Association électronique libre pour la promotion des