Re: [K12OSN] Feasibility, conventional networking VS disklessnetworking

I flew through the basics of this setup in a demonstration to our
Library in an hour.  It seemed like they loved it and my Boss was
glowing with pride from the quality of my presentation, but now 2 weeks
later they are asking questions like, could you price a refurbished
server to run Microsoft Office even though I specifically explained that
StarOffice or OpenOffice are replacements.  A week before those
questions I had to explain again that MS Office doesn't run on Linux.

My suggestion:
Be as clear as possible and make sure they realize what you're talking
about.  They might be awed by new things, but when it comes down to it
they miss what you are saying.  I even had them sit down and try it
after a full on-screen OpenOffice presentation, but they still don't
seem to get it.

(If you think I sound frustrated, you're right)

_JR