[K12OSN] Still can't get network working

Can somebody please help me get my net(not)work working? The K12LTSP
server works fine as a standalone, but I can't figure how to make it
start doing its server thing. When a client tries to connect, the
instruction "tail -f /var/log/messages" as described on K12LTSP setup
never gives any results. Everything on the server is set to the
default, and the client is trying to get a DHCP address. How do I make
this thing work? I've been trying for 3 months.
Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice instruction com