Re: [K12OSN] Open Office Question (can only paste about 3950characters)

We have run into the same problem.
Edit | Paste special | unformatted text
Will work some of the time but not always.

We ran into this today with our 8th grade class.They were trying to copy
five or more paragraphs from various web pages.
I thought maybe they were grabbing banners and images and all sorts of
garbage. But this was not the case.

Copying a few paragraphs at a time will get you around this bug.
Or use some other word processor / text editor.

I did some preliminary tests after seeing you had the same issue.

Here is what I found:

For my test I used a copy of the Declaration of Independence located on
http://www.law.indiana.edu/uslawdocs/declaration.html

I copy pasted this to gedit.

Copied and pasted from the web page and Gedit

OO will only let me paste about 3950 characters whether it be a straight
Ctl C | Ctl V from Gedit to OO
or Ctl C | Paste Special to OO

AbiWord chops off sentences.