Re: [K12OSN] Open Office Question (can only paste about 3950 characters)

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 08:37:32PM -0500, John Baillie wrote:
> We have run into the same problem.
> Edit | Paste special | unformatted text
> Will work some of the time but not always.
>
> We ran into this today with our 8th grade class.They were trying to copy
> five or more paragraphs from various web pages.
> I thought maybe they were grabbing banners and images and all sorts of
> garbage. But this was not the case.
>
> Copying a few paragraphs at a time will get you around this bug.
> Or use some other word processor / text editor.
>
> I did some preliminary tests after seeing you had the same issue.
>
> Here is what I found:
>
> For my test I used a copy of the Declaration of Independence located on
> http://www.law.indiana.edu/uslawdocs/declaration.html
>
> I copy pasted this to gedit.
>
> Copied and pasted from the web page and Gedit
>
> OO will only let me paste about 3950 characters whether it be a straight

I open http://www.law.indiana.edu/uslawdocs/declaration.html in
galeon, selected the text, went to an empty EMACS buffer pressed the
middle button, selected the text again, went to an empty OO document
pressed the middle button, and there it was. The
Edit/Paste[special...] didn't work, though. Try the middle mouse
button instead!

--

Hans Ekbrand