Re: [K12OSN] Video cards...

Steven Lewis wrote:

However upon reboot of the newly installed box, the X server refuses to start.

So, I tried it again with a SIS AGP video card. This
one was aproperlyrlly detected, video test at install
worked fine, but failed to start X server upon reboot.

On both of these, x fails to start manually.

bootup, login as yourself, and type X<enter>

X will now spit all sorts of diagnostic stuff on the screen, and log it all in /var/log/XFree86.0.log

Have a look through this file and see what it had to say, and post the error messages here and we'll see what's up. 8-)
Alternatively, attach the whole log file.

cheers,
Steve