Re: [K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] New LTSP + openMosix How-To

Ok...what about this?  Is it possible to restrict the cluster to servers
only?  That way you don't transmit the Xserver stuff over the network to
and from the clients thus possibly messing with bandwidth.  Can we simply
build a server cluster that balnces among itself...leaving the client
processors out of it?

k12osn redhat com writes:
>If your single server is running out of capacity, one way to expand is
>to add additional servers and build an openMosix cluster. For
>example, if you work in an organisation that is throwing away PIII 600MHz
>PCs with 256Mb RAM because they are 'too slow' for Windows XP, then you
>can grab them from the rubbish bin and build them into a cluster.
>
>The advantages of openMosix are said to be you can add and remove
>servers from the cluster without interrupting service to users; the
>cluster load balances automatically; ... there may be more. I have no
>personal experience of the technology; maybe others can help?
>
>John

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School