Re: [K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] New LTSP + openMosix How-To

rcamp campworld net writes:

>David,
>
>It is possible to configure openmosix to only run on the servers.
> Through the dhcpd.conf file it is also possible to configure certain
>clients to boot an openmosix kernel.  Add another network card to the
>server and have that subnet boot openmsoix clients.  AKA diskless
>servers on a seperate network.  This will take care of bandwidth issues.
>
>Richard

I haven't tackled the OpenMosix clustering yet as I'm still a small LTSP
network although I'm growing and planning for that growth.  Just so I can
understand better since I'm talking to the OpenMosix man himself....Will
OM essentially allow me to have one home server and then simply set up a
bunch of identical K12LTSP servers (sans user accounts and home dirs) to
share processing power and balance the load?  Would that in essence give
me some redundancy if one of the servers died on me?  I currently have one
dual processor machine serving my LTSP.....would adding more servers in an
OM cluster essentially multiply my processing power essentially the same
as putting more prosessors in the computer I have?  If I were to buy or
build another couple of servers and connect them directly to one another
via gigabit...would this be a good way to do it?  Any advice for future
planning would be welcome....and thanks for all you do to further the
cause   :-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School