Re: [K12OSN] MySQL Help!

David,

I am running MySQL via RH 8 on several boxes. There is an issue with the anaconda installer regarding MySQL. If you select SQL databases during the install without entering the "Details" section to select mysql-server, MySQL will not work properly. Type rpm -q mysql-server to check if it is installed. This package is available on the CDs of course.

There is another issue with MySQL if you are attempting to use PHP to access the database. If this is the case, you must install php-mysql.

Hope this helps.

Michael Thomas

Hi all,

I was hoping you could point me in the right direction.  I?m trying to run
MySQL on a RH 8 box and for the life of me I install the RPM and nada, I?m
sure I?m missing the startup or something, but alas I?m not having luck
finding a decent walk thru of the install on the web.  Do you know of some
resources you could point me to?

David N. Trask Technology Teacher/Coordinator Vassalboro Community School dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us (207)923-3100

--
Michael Thomas					District Webmaster/Linux Admin
Tigard-Tualatin School District				Phone: 503.431.4053