[K12OSN] newbie needs help with squidguard

Help!  I'm a newbie to Linux and I don't know how to get squidguard configured and running on my k12LTSP experimental lab.  I'm using k12LTSP version 2.1.2 and it's totally useless to me if I can't filter out inappropriate websites.

I tried to run the squidguard rpm, but it said I needed squid and some berkeley "lib" something or other.  I go to those websites and they tell me I also need to have perl.  Each of these sites have info on configuring their app, but it's getting a little confusing for me.

What do I need do in order to filter out inappropriate web content?  Can anyone step me through this?

Thank you very much!

Richard K. Ingalls
Technology Coordinator
Glenwood R-8 School, West Plain, MO