Re: [K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] New LTSP + openMosix How-To

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 13:57:56 -0500
"David Trask" <dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us> wrote:

> Ok...what about this?  Is it possible to restrict the cluster to servers
> only?  That way you don't transmit the Xserver stuff over the network to
> and from the clients thus possibly messing with bandwidth.  Can we simply
> build a server cluster that balnces among itself...leaving the client
> processors out of it?

Yup. that is how mine is setup. It takes alot less work than trying to buld teh workstaions in to the cluster. Quick and dirty method is to build an openMosix cluster then add LTSP to your head node/nodes if you want to balance the client connections between servers.

Evan