[K12OSN] OpenOffice Printing

Hello

We are using K12LTSP v2.1.1 and we are having trouble printing from
OpenOffice. The printer is a Savin 2522 (rebranded Ricoh 1022 or 1027
apparently) using PCL5 and connected via ethernet. Its one of those digital
copier / printer combinations.

We can print a test page from RedHat's printer configuration tool. We can
print from Gnumeric and AbiWord just fine. We can even print a test page from
OpenOffice's spadmin with no problems.

But when we try to print any normal document from OpenOffice, the printer
fires up like it wants to print, but then stops and refuses to do anything
until we turn it off and back on again. lpstat gives a message that the
printer is currently printing "(Paper Size None.)" and that the printer is
"Not Ready".

We have used the "ljet4" driver and the "pxlmono" driver so far, both with
the same results. The default paper size is set to "US Letter" everywhere.

Any ideas about what might cause this bizarre print failure??

Thanks
Jason Fleming

Carteret Academy, North Carolina