Re: [K12OSN] Large File Size Questions

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Scott Sherrill wrote:

>What would the syntax be to create a 2+ GB file using DD?  I want to
>rule out the filesystem as the problem by creating a large file from
>the command line, and I just can't get the syntax for DD right....

This will make a 2.1G file:

dd if=/dev/zero of=bigfile bs=100M count=21

>Tougher question -
>
>I've scoured the docs in netatalk - does it have a file size limit
>that's interfering with me?

Make sure you don't have "limitsize" set for any of your shares defined
in AppleVolumes.default:

# limitsize           -> limit disk size reporting to 2GB. this is
#                        here for older macintoshes using newer
#                        appleshare clients. yucko.
#

Otherwise, I didn't see anything in the docs about a 2G limit.

-Eric