Re: [K12OSN] Large File Size Questions

Scott,

When i've had to deal with really large files
in the past, I pipe the output through the 'split' command
and it produces a bunch of smaller files that are more
manageable.

  <some_command>  | split --bytes=2000m

that will produce a bunch of 2gb sized files called xaa, xab,
xac, ...

Then, when you want to send the file back out to be
restored, you can 'cat' the smaller files back out through
a pipe.

   cat xa* | <some_other_command>

Hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan