[K12OSN] Intolerable Boot Times here, too

Glad to hear that someone else is having a similar
problem and also conquered it.

I've got a small testbed for K12LTSP 3.0 beta (I'm
hoping to move our school to it), and I can run a
single client off of the server through Eth0 using a
crossover cable, and it boots up quickly.
However, when I attach Eth0  and the client to the
network's switches, I have long boot times and login
times as well, like at least 1 minutes for booting up
(but it boots!)  When I use a crossover cable to
connect Eth0 to the switches, it doesn't connect to
the network.  (I ruled that one out to make sure.)
Eth0 is a Netgear FA311 RevB-1, in case you need to
know.

Any thoughts or ideas would be warmly welcomed. :-)

Yours truly,
Jim