Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP server spec

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:29:11 +0200, you wrote:

> > I'm running about the same number maybe a few more with 3 gb RAM.
>
> So - you are running <20 clients with 3GB??

Sounds like a very good setup to me.

> Can you send me memory usage (for example "free") with full amount of
> clients logged in?
>
> I planned 60 clients with xfce desktop with 4GB RAM :)
>
> I tried vith various amounts of RAM and i think, it eats as many as you
> give ;(

Sure it uses all RAM, but all the exceeding RAM (not used by apps) is
used for caching and buffering data, so it just speeds up things. No
big deal. The issue, is not free RAM, but available RAM

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
	Henning

 _H_P_C_o_n_s_u_l_t_    http://www.hpc.dk