Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP server spec

> So the best performance enhancer for that installation would
> be a daemon to kill off when a given selection starts to
> really consume resources.
>
> -- Russ Herrold

I remember someone mentioning a script that killed "zombie" processes.  I found it here:
http://www.levindustries.com/xterm/scripts/usr-local-bin-cleantask.py

Here is how u could implement it
http://www.levindustries.com/xterm/scripts/etc-X11-gdm-Init-Default

There is also something to kill runaway netscape processes called diediedie.
ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/admin/idle/

I haven't tried any of these, but, other users on the list probably have.