Re: [K12OSN] SCSI Reliability

SCSI will live longer then IDE give 3 things:
1. Adaquate Cooling
2. Plenty of power (Dont skimp on the PS)
3. A Good warentee

Mosts SCSI drives come with a 3 years warentee anyways. Besides, SCSI
is so much faster that it is worth it. And in my opinion, if you are
running a server of any kind, RAID IT!

William

> I think that your Tech friend has an opinion, probably not based on
a large sample
> population...  I used LVD SCA scsi in servers, and IDE in work
station type PCs. I se no
> difference in the reliability, so long as adequate cooling is present.
>
> If you look, the rotating drive mechanism is often the same on
modern SCSI and IDE
> drives. The circuit board mounted on the drive is what varies.
Consequently, the