Re: [K12OSN] Making it look similar

not at all, all of the fancy GUI stuff can be removed from XP, and then it looks remarkably similar to all the previous 9X, NT and 2k OS's, with this, granted the functoins are similar, but it just doesn't have the same feel, and If the kids are going to be using a mixture of NT machines and Linux machines, I would rather it look as much like the NT system as possible.

Mike

From: Steve Wright <paua quicksilver net nz>
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Making it look similar
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 11:25:13 +1300

M H wrote:

I explained in my first e-mail that I dont want to have to re-teach 800 kids and 45 teachers and 30 other staff members how to use a new OS, no matter how similar it may be, they will still require training. You must know how it goes with users.

for sure. gotcha.

Pardon me for being pedantic, but I am thinking an upgrade from 95/98 to XP would require a similar commitment to training.

/steve