Re: [K12OSN] Method to control the browsing time of a workstation

Stephen Liu wrote:

Hi All Folks,

Happy 2003

Is there a software from OpenSource which can regulate
the browsing time of a workstation.  That is the
adminstrator of the K12LTSP Server can set the
browsing time of a workstation.  When it expires
connection to Internet via K12LTSP Server will be cut
off automatically.  Thereafter reset is required.

I use squidguard to limit web access to certain time of the day, vis 9am-10pm for certain users. This works well.

I am sure you could modify squid.conf and restart squid.

regards, Steve