[K12OSN] dhclient issue?

I'm attempting to set up my new servers, using round-robin dns (multiple A records for the same name).

I am using a separate machine to provide DHCP for my entire network, including all LTSP clients.

I only have one server working now, and have everything working perfectly when dishing out the server's IP address in my dhcp.conf.

On replacing the server's IP address in dhcp.conf with the RR DNS name (svhsapp.silvervalley.k12.ca.us), the initial boot sequence looks great. The client connects to the tftp server and starts the initial boot. However, on attempting to mount the root filesystem, it complains that it cannot resolve the host name. The name does resolve correctly from other boxes, and in fact I can nfsmount the partition using svhsapp.silvervalley.k12.ca.us:/opt/ltsp/i386.

The relevant parts of my dhcp.conf look like:

option domain-name-servers 163.150.152.253;
option root-path        "svhsapp.silvervalley.k12.ca.us:/opt/ltsp/i386";
server-identifier svhsapp.silvervalley.k12.ca.us;
next-server svhsapp.silvervalley.k12.ca.us;

It appears that the dhclient that's running at the time that the system tries to mount /root does not know about the DNS server. Again, if I use the server's IP address instead in "option root-path" all works fine, but this doesn't allow me to spread the load out.

Any ideas?

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator