Re: [K12OSN] dhclient issue?

jam McQuil com wrote:
Chris,

When the client boots up, and runs dhclient during the /linuxrc
script, it doesn't know anything about dns.  In fact, it doesn't
even have any resolver libraries at that point.  So, when the
root filesystem is mounted via NFS, you cannot use a hostname,
you must use an IP address.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org

Thanks Jim. I assume /linuxrc is located on the server somewhere, but I can't 'locate' it. Can I hardcode each server's address into that script? Since the initial redirection to a RR server is working, if I just hardcode it to mount root from whatever server it currently is using, that'd work for me.

Thanks for the quick response!

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator