Re: [K12OSN] dhclient issue?

jam McQuil com wrote:
Chris,

The /linuxrc script is inside of the initrd which is
tacked onto the end of the kernel that is being downloaded
to the workstation.

Can't you just use the IP address in the root-path line in
the dhcpd.conf file ?

Well, the goal is to have each terminal connect to one of the 6 app servers I've got, so using a single IP address won't work very well for me.

Also, if you don't include an IP address in the root-path,
then it will default to whichever server the client obtained
it's IP address from.

That is, do this: root-path "/opt/ltsp/i386";

My dhcp server is a different box from my app servers. I'll try it though to see if it'll work.

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator