From: k12osn-admin redhat com [mailto:k12osn-admin redhat com] On Behalf
Of Barry Smoke
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 12:31 AM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] backups......was RedHat 8.0 and SMP Freeze...multiple
systems verified.

That is a great scare tactic...
Or...job security risk, either way you want to look at it :-)

That is exactly the backup strategy we are trying to implement right
now.

1 terabit ide raid array(raid5)
going to use rsync, and actually run samba on it, and call it backup in
smb.
That way we can mount drives to it on admin machines, and copy/paste
accidentally lost stuff.

Only thing is a fire could destroy it...
Anyone make fireproof cases for pc's?