[K12OSN] how to download .iso using rsync

I have some doubts:

1) I have v.2.12 on CDs. Can I build .ISO from CDs and use them to minimize
donwload time?
    Will it worth the effort to build the ISO from CDs using dd?
2) How can I put rsync in daemon mode ?
I wish to issue a rsync command via putty to my server and let it
download/rsync ISO.
But when I try to put a & at end of command it don´t continue to download...
strange.
I have tryed to put rsync in daemon mode using --daemon but either this
don´t work