Re: [K12OSN] how to download .iso using rsync

> 2) How can I put rsync in daemon mode ?
> I wish to issue a rsync command via putty to my server and let it
> download/rsync ISO.
> But when I try to put a & at end of command it don´t continue to download...
> strange.
> I have tryed to put rsync in daemon mode using --daemon but either this
> don´t work

easiest way to do that would be to run it with screen.  Just build your
command then put screen in front of it and it will open a new shell.
Then to disconnect from it hit CRTL+a and then d and it will detach and
drop you back to a prompt.  The command is still running though and you
can reconnect using screen -r

When the command is done screen will automatically exit.
--
Brent Norris <brent linux wku edu>