Re: [K12OSN] Red Hat 8

Steve Wright said:
> I agree.   Without rhn-applet, will our systems continue to update
> automatically ?

AFAIK, rhn-applet is just an up2date status indicator (i.e. you are
updated, you are not updated, or an update is in progress), whereas
up2date provides the actual updating functionality.

Any updating system (up2date, apt, yum, or whatever) you have in place
should continue to do what it was doing w/ rhn-applet installed. If
up2date was updating automatically, then it should still do that.

-Dan Young
-Parkrose School District