[K12OSN] Server specs

> What would you say is the rule of thumb now for building an LTSP 3.0
server? I am setting up a server for 15 clients. Do I have to buy a P4
2,5+? How much RAM is sufficient? What about the harddrive, are today's
IDE drives fast enough?

It deeply depend what your clients doing. i.e how agressive they are :)

RAM: 250MB + at least 50MB per user. I.e. at least 1GB for 15 clients)
It means, AT LEAST, if you using complex desktop (KDE, GNOME),
Mozilla/Netscape, Nautilus and OOO.org at the same time.
Couple of opened web pages use approx. 65-70MB RAM (with desktop).

If you use some lightweight desktop, you can count 25MB less per user.

Processor - also depends from users. For 15 regular (not multimedia)
users P4 is far enough.

For 15 clients, single IDE is enouch. But not more. 20 clients may
overload non-RAID IDE.