>From one  POSA *PISSED OFF SYSTEM ADMIN*

Have a great day guys *grins*

-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-admin redhat com [mailto:k12osn-admin redhat com]On Behalf
Of David Trask
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 6:57 PM
To: K12OSN redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] Help killing users

Hi,

I need a way to kill off rogue users and processes.  In one of my labs I'm
using Cygwin to access the Linux Terminal Server....it works fine...except
once in a while when the whole class is working in OpenOffice.....some
kids aren't able to get into OO...so then they "Alt-F4" and try logging in
again.  I think this is making things worse.  When I run the users command
in the terminal (via PuTTY) I can only see myself as root and one other
user.....even though I have 20 or so logged in.  Any ideas?  I need a good
way to find out who's logged in and log them out while killing their
processes

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School