Re: [K12OSN] Help killing users

David Trask wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need a way to kill off rogue users and processes.  In one of my labs I'm
> using Cygwin to access the Linux Terminal Server....it works fine...except
> once in a while when the whole class is working in OpenOffice.....some
> kids aren't able to get into OO...so then they "Alt-F4" and try logging in
> again.  I think this is making things worse.  When I run the users command
> in the terminal (via PuTTY) I can only see myself as root and one other
> user.....even though I have 20 or so logged in.  Any ideas?  I need a good
> way to find out who's logged in and log them out while killing their
> processes.

I always use last instead of who.  In reverse chronological order, last
tells you who the last people to log in were (even if they've logged
out).  If they're still logged in, last says "still logged in".

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com          (703) 779-7770
The sooner you get behind, the more time you'll have to catch up